Adventures in Baking

A little culinary experimentation last night yielded a nearly perfect sugary delight. Malted Milk Buttercream icing. Let me explain. While pregnant with my 3 year old, I literally ate gallons of vanilla ice cream with malt powder. Nearly every meal (except breakfast...I did have a tiny shred of self control) was followed by a bowl of my favorite treat for a good month or two of the pregnancy. For the record, there were no pickles involved. Although I did have a separate pickle phase earlier in the pregnancy. I digress.

Last week one of my favorite cake cookbooks arrived, Cupcakes by the Cake Mix Doctor. Of course I had to taste the Malted Milk Buttercream before topping the cupcakes. Quality control is very important in the kitchen. One taste of the sugary icing and I was hooked. I'm usually not big on icing but this is perfect. It tastes just like my vanilla ice cream with malt mix which I haven't had in quite some time. It will become a regular in my cake decorating adventures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my I have to get this book!! I'm actually a cake decorating instructor so this would be great to share with my students!!

MMMM it sounds so good!!!