"Look, Mama! My head moves from side to side!"

I love all of the discoveries that babies make each day. My 10 week old has been practicing her head lifts and her neck control is improving every day. Last night as we cuddled at bedtime, she once again lifted her head. This time she turned her head from side to side as she held it up. It was the first time I had seen her purposely moving her head around that well. My baby is growing up!

Other random thoughts this morning...

The word "quiet" holds no meaning to a 3 year old. Unless he's watching Cars. For the 500th time. In this situation, you can get yelled at for any audible noise. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "Mommy, be quiet! I'm trying to hear my movie!". Apparently screaming "McQueen has blown a tire!" at the top of your lungs while your baby sister is sleeping falls below the acceptable decibel level. Breathing while Cars is playing does not.

Today was a shower day. Woo hoo! I feel so... clean. I even squeezed in a quick leg shave. I can't promise there aren't a few hairy patches left. Curse my dark leg hair! But at least I can walk outside in shorts with some shred of dignity left.

I'm on day 4 of my "Total Mom Makeover". It's going to "transform the way I think about my life". This week I'm learning to use positive words to change my outlook (not easy for a naturally sarcastic pessimist but I'm trying). I'm not typically a self help fan, but the book jumped out at me on my last trip to Half Price Books. More on this in a future post...

I'm determined to finally finish losing the baby weight. The way I see it, I can squeeze roughly 2 more months out of the capris that actually fit. At that point, my ass will need to fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans. I wore those darn jeans until I was at least 20 weeks pregnant with my daughter. They fit just fine back then. Suddenly, 10 weeks post-partum, my rear is refusing to budge. How does that work? I'm sure I'll have more to share on my butt and its refusal to conform very soon.

I feel very productive this morning. In addition to my shower and semi-shave, I've washed some laundry, put clean laundry away, and made blueberry and flaxseed pancakes. I learned something about myself in the process. I don't like blueberry pancakes. But when you buy a giant vat of blueberries at Costco because it's a really good deal, you suck it up and eat blueberry pancakes. On that note, I leave you with a happy blueberry pancake.

No comments: