$120 Investment Finally Paying Off!

My son adored his swing from about 3 weeks on. He napped in the swing. He hung out in it so I could actually clean my house. It was amazing. So when the motor died at 3 months we were at a loss. We survived that dark time in our lives and came out of it with a son who actually napped in his crib!

When we finally saw two lines on the pregnancy test this time around, one of the first things on our "must have baby gear" list was a new baby swing. We didn't want just any baby swing. We wanted the Cadillac of baby swings for our new addition. I searched Amazon until I laid my eyes upon the Fisher Price Starlight Papasan Cradle Swing. That was it! Everything from the pretty canopy to the star light show had me hooked. I envisioned my daughter drifting off to sleep in her cozy little swing. She had other plans.

My daughter decided that she didn't like the swing. What do you do with that? I can barely put her down long enough to go potty (sorry, I have a toddler, I know longer "go to the bathroom", I "go potty"). Forget about cleaning the house. Not only was the mounting mess throughout the house stressing me, the $120 we spent on this glorious piece of baby gear was down the drain... until this weekend. My sweet little angel has finally taken a liking to her swing. Thank goodness!

Today was the first day in a long time when both of my children slept at the same time. It may not seem like a big deal, but with a toddler and a newborn it takes me all day long to finish cleaning 1 room in my house. Someone always needs something. They're so needy! :-) I cleaned and organized my kitchen, picked up and swept the living room, and still had time to get rid of the bathroom grime. She's still sleeping away in her swing. Two months later it was worth it!

Now that the little princess is improving her neck control, I'm counting down the days until I can pull out my Fisher Price Jumperoo (the freestanding one, not the doorway jumper of our childhood). If I could pick only one piece of baby gear it would be the Jumperoo. Seriously, if you have a baby between the ages of 3 to 6 months, close your laptop, get in the car, drive to Target, and buy one. It's worth your $60!

1 comment:

amy lou. said...

i am so glad to know you've joined the ranks (and so impressed that you're finding so much time to write!) i'm still trying to overcome my guilt of putting my child in the play pen and not engaging her enough.

in re: the swing. charlie didn't take to hers until almost 3 weeks ago, so i can sympathize. now, i get a full shower in (the equation is usually swing on setting 4 + Tarzan = 3/4 of what used to be considered a great shower!) best of luck. i am looking forward to reading more!