- You can lead a baby to her crib but you can't make her sleep. Little One is vetoing nap time. And, based on the screaming that is still taking place at almost 10pm, she also is now objecting to bed time. I'll give her one thing, the girl's determined.
- You can't judge a book by its cover. Or a hairstylist by his mohawk.
- I really hate hearing my children cry. For many reasons. Can you tell how hard I'm tapping on the keys right now? Probably not. But let's just say, the previously mentioned screaming from Little One's room is doing a number on my nerves right now.
- Just when you think you have your kids figured out, they go and change on you. Motherhood is difficult. Rewarding but difficult. They really make you work for the rewards. I suppose that's what makes them so, well, rewarding.
- Someone told me this week that babies who are difficult tend to be easier when they're toddlers. Let's hope. Because Little One has been much more difficult than Big One was as a baby.
- I'm noticing a trend here so I'll conclude with one last thought of the week. I love my children to pieces. And even when they're screaming at 10:20pm, I would never trade them for anything in this world.
St. Jude's Card Recycling Program @ Fiona Foo: Until I read Christy's post, I was unsure of what to do with the plethora of Christmas cards we received. She shared all the details of how to send off your cards for the St. Jude's recycling program. I'm still trying to decide what to do with all of those photo cards we received!
Menu Planning Free Download @ Her Cup Overfloweth: I go through phases when it comes to meal planning. For a while, I'll be really good at planning a menu and sticking with it. I'm always happier on those days because I don't have to stand in front of the cupboards waiting for culinary inspiration to strike. (Does Kraft Mac & Cheese count as culinary inspiration?) I like this weekly meal planner because it has boxes for all meals and snacks. Sticking to this could definitely help out at the grocery store as well!
Healthy Recipes @ Little Birdie Secrets: While we're on the topic of cooking, Little Birdie Secrets has some healthy recipes that look delicious. They also have a link to the eatbetteramerica site, which I'm definitely going to check out. (I included that just for you, Jessi!)
Crazy Faces @ Lucky Me: If you resolved to do more crafts with the kids this year, this Crazy Faces activity looks like a fun one.
We're Outta Here @ My Charming Kids: Earlier this week, I posted about Baby Stellan and his recent trip to the hospital for RSV. He improved very quickly and is now at home with family.
New Year's Resolutions @ The Mommy Diaries: Esther has a great list of goals for 2009, most of which I could adopt as my own. She also has her weekly list of top posts so check them out!
Little One is so far beyond crying it out it's not even funny. So I'm off to her room for probably the 100th time tonight. Someone get me a beer!