How Do You Like Your Potatoes?

We are big fans of the potato here at our house. Mashed and grilled are at the top of the list when it comes to potato preparation. But I think there may be a new #1, at least on my list.

I checked out the Pioneer Woman Cooks the other day and found this recipe for Crash Hot Potatoes. They are SO yummy. They take a bit of time to make but it's not difficult by any means. You basically boil red potatoes, smash them slightly, brush with olive oil, season, and bake. They're cute little bundles of crispy potato-y goodness. If your family likes potatoes, I definitely recommend trying it! I'm looking forward to making them again. Hope you are too, Hubs!

6 comments:

Esther said...

Mmmmmm. I love Pioneer Woman recipes. I'll have to try those soon, they sound great!

Christy said...

OMG these look delicious. We're having friends over on Saturday night and I think I'm going to try these out then! I'm making twice baked potatoes tonight - yummy! I'll report back on how I do with this new recipe after the weekend! I also must thank you for showing me pioneer woman - I'd never heard of her and think her site looks like one I want to peruse.

Minxy Mimi said...

OMG, you have made my day here!!!
Thank YOU~

Jessi said...

I've not tried any of Pioneer Woman's recipes before....but I just may have to bookmark this one. What a yummy twist on an ol' favorite (you know you're from Iowa when the perfect dinner is meat, potatoes, and corn)! Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Pffft said...

Looks about the same as a recipe I have except they don't go in the oven. This seems MUCH easier since you don't have to sit and watch them in a hot pan. They are yummy! Who doesn't love potatoes?

Melody said...

We are potato fans too.

I have seen the PW potatos before. They look delish.