A Trip to the Library...

This has been a rough week full of temper tantrums (and my 3 year old wasn't great either). We've both had happier weeks. While we're slowly finding our rhythm as a family of four, we're all still adjusting. Our newest addition is still deciding what she should do with her time. She's decided that afternoons and evenings are a great time to be fussy. She feels that 4-5 hours of sleep at a time isn't a bad schedule for night time. Eventually we'll get to a place where we have a predictable schedule. And heck, I may even be able to get in a little "me" time. Or not.

Back to the story at hand. After a very long and exhausting week during which I was pushed to my boundaries, my husband finally convinced me to leave the house alone. Since I have difficulty accepting help from anyone (even my husband), it took some persuading, but I finally grabbed my purse and headed to the library. What's that you say? The Diaper Bag Diarist left the house without her diaper bag? It is a rare site, indeed, but it does occur occasionally.

As I drove to the library, I attempted a little positive self talk to take the edge off. My facial muscles slowly loosened a bit, but I could still feel the tension. Until, that is, I saw something that finally made me smile. A pink Vespa-esque scooter pulled up. On the scooter was a mom clad in a yellow construction worker-type vest with reflective strips and the whole shebang. What I presume was her daughter rode behind her.

Some day I will own a pink Vespa scooter and take my daughter for rides. And perhaps I'll make someone else smile. I'm sure it won't be my husband. He'll be thoroughly embarrassed. But if people are going to talk about you anyway, why not give them something interesting to say?

The true question is can I pull off a pink Vespa and a yellow safety vest? Can you?

My apologies to those who thought this post might include book recommendations from my summer reading list.

Until next time...

No comments: